Around the World with my Art Fair Project!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Papier Mâché -- A Sticky, Gooey, FUN Mess!

While I waited for postcards and letters, my mom and I started on making the balloon.

This required a balloon, strips of newspaper, glue, water, and patience.

I blew up the balloon as big as I could. Then my mom and dad helped me cut strips of newspaper into thin strips. They told me the strips had to be kind of like long, skinny triangles. 

When that was done, we mixed up glue and water. Know what came next? I had to put on an old shirt and then dip my newspaper triangles into the glue mixture. It was a sticky, gooey, FUN mess! I had to smooth out the triangles as I added each one. My mom told me that when it all dried, we would add another layer. I had to do this again?! NOOOO! But actually, it was really fun. I couldn't wait to see what it would look like when it dried.





No comments:

Post a Comment